David Madison and Ursula Ledergerber
It's actually fairly simple, but here we go..
- Lindy: 75 Euro per hour per instructor
- Blues: 75 Euro per hour per instructor, negotiable for smaller scenes
For Blues workshops in newer cities, we sometimes consider a
profit sharing agreement after our transportation costs are covered.
- Jazz/Charleston: 75 Euro per hour (for Ursula)
Transportation / Housing
- Must be provided, including airfare and transportation to/from classes and
event. Reasonable (and close) public transportation is fine.
- USA events: transportation is from San Francisco (SFO or OAK)
- For periods that David is already in Europe (about half the year), event
transportation is either a round trip ticket in Europe, or, in some situations,
a one-way ticket if you are able to find suitable housing for one week - contact
us for more info.
- For allergy reasons, feather bedding and pillows cannot be used.
- Optional simple per diem / or food provided.
- Due to severe food allergies, preparing food for Dave is pretty much
impossible, so we need access to either restaurants or simply a grocery
store. If we are arriving after these are closed in your area, please
let us know in advance.
Workshop classes must be scheduled such that:
- Blues Weekend: All dancers, regardless of experience, must take the
foundation classes unless they have taken Blues Foundation classes specifically
with us before.
- Multiple Levels: If there are multiple levels of classes (beginning,
intermediate, ...) and any dancers are taking classes in multiple levels then
they should be prepared for some repeating of material. If this needs to not
be the case, then please discuss this with us in advance.
- À la carte: We frown on À la carte pricing for classes, we
prefer that people take the full set of classes so that we can let some
classes stretch over 60/75 minutes and some classes to slip under. Let
us know if you need to offer classes individually.
Personally, we think it's great when classes start later, like
11am or noon, but set the schedule as you need.
- Filming is not permitted during class.
- After class, Dave and Ursi can do a short demo of class material for students
- Dave and Ursi may be available for private lessons, schedule permitting.
- There should be a social dance (or at least a practice) on Saturday,
though we'd be happy if there was also one on Sunday and even Friday as well.
- If you expect your teachers to social dance with the students
then you shan't worry about us, as social dancing is our first priority
(that's what it's all about, right?).
- We are both available for an hour or two of DJing (Ursula->Lindy and
- It is likely that Dave and Ursi will try to convince the students
to have an after-hours party at least one of the nights. You may
wish to clear out your living room furniture if you are so inclined.
Are you Primadonna's or something?
We're actually quite flexible, and at least it's not